Friday 3 January 2014

Hong Ji Herbs Bak Kue Teh

By Dawn Chan

Another thing that caught my attention while having my fish soup at Teo Chap Bee Eating House is those green little bowls with an accompanying claypot. Curious, I searched for the stall serving those green little bowls. I mean, if all the tables there have it , there should be something delicious in it, right? 




Background


There were awards and media articles plastered all over the shop and there was even a portrait of the boss.
The customer service is excellent . As I was looking for information for this blog post, the waiter came over to me and presented me with their name card and short introductory about the boss . They were also happy to give FREE refills of your soup if you're not satisfied .



(click to enlarge picture)



Price

My set meal consisting of a claypot of bak kut teh and a bowl of rice only cost $5.50 .



Taste & Texture

What caught me by surprise is the tau pok in this Bak Kut Teh. I mean.. Since when does Bak Kut Teh contain tau pok? But it was an interesting addition because the tau pork absorb the soup, so when you swallow it , the hot soup is squeeze out of the taupork as it flows down your throat, just like in laska. What a creative ingredient ! Other ingredient consisting of soft pork ribs, pig liver, sliced mushrooms, lettuce, and some intestines makes this a really nutritious herbal soup that is even good for your body.

Lettuce makes the crispy texture of the soup , while pork taste juicy and slide off the bone after slight prod my chopsticks.


Waiting Time

Although it was a dinner time hour at around 8pm , my soup came in about 20 minutes. Considering the amount the of people ordering it , it was actually quite fast for me , I am always patient for food.


Getting There

Nearest MRT  is Woodlands. Located near Siling Secondary School , this place is not easy to find and taking a cab is highly recommended . However , if you wish to take public transport, take bus 856 from woodlands interchange and alight at bus stop number 46129 (hawker centre).



Rating 



Hong Ji Herbs Bak Kut Teh
Teo Chap Bee Eating House
Blk 19 Marsiling Lane,
 Singapore 730019

No comments :

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge