Friday 20 December 2013

Sin Kee Seafood Soup

By Dawn Chan

Being a Republic Polytechnic student, I'm always on the lookout for good food. Fortunately, a friend of mine recently told me about a coffeeshop near my school that was famous for their soups. It's simply mind-blowing that I've allowed this location to remain hidden while it's right under my nose!



Background

When I inquired about the stall, the lady told me that the store had only operated for two years. Perhaps due to the recent opening, not many people from other parts of Singapore know of this stall, and no awards or article could be seen. I certainly hope that when I return for another bowl of good soup there would be awards all over their store front! I observed there were many people with seafood soup, so although this stall doesn't get much media recognition, it is certainly popular among the people in this area.


Price

Depending on the type of soup you order, prices range from $5-$11.50 . Additional rice cost $0.50.


Taste & Texture

Just look at the soup! Normally, the seafood soup I have eaten were quite clear but there's hardly any taste in it. With minced meat, dory fish, prawns,tomato, and perhaps a pinch of salt and some milk, this soup is nothing less than amazing. It just keeps you coming back for more. The servings are so generous that although I did not order rice to go with this soup, I felt my stomach filling before I am done with eating the fish.



Waiting Time

Although it was a dinner time hour at around 8pm, my soup came pretty fast, in about 10 minutes. There are two customers in front of me. They used a number system where they give you a number plate and they will serve it to your table. Good customer service, in my opinion, plus points for that.


Getting There

Nearest MRT station is Woodlands. Located near Siling Secondary School, this place is not easy to find and taking a cab is highly recommended. However, if you wish to take public transport, take bus 856 from woodlands interchange and alight at bus stop number 46129 (hawker centre).


Rating



Sin Kee Seafood Soup
Teo Chap Bee Eating House
Blk 19 Marsiling Lane,
 Singapore 730019

1 comment :

Facebook Badge