Friday 13 December 2013

Albert Street Prawn Noodles

By Dawn Chan

Hello fellow foodie comrades! This time, we are bringing you goodies from the famous Old Airport Road!

What struck me most when I reached here is that almost every table I passed by has a bowl of prawn noodle soup. Lead by my curiosity (and my hungry stomach), I searched for the stall. Not surprisingly, it was easily discovered with a short queue of customers.



According to the store assistant, she claims that the prawn noodle recipe was created by the grandfather in 1963, and passed down in generations to his grandson. Since then, the stall won numerous awards, including The Green Book Best Food Awards 2003. It was such a pity I could not get to meet his grandson, whom I heard that he only works in the morning.

The waiting time is fairly reasonable. Less than 20 minutes (depending on time of the day, I normally went around 8pm) and a bowl of piping hot bouncy and chewy yellow noodles sitting in the soup enriched with prawn flavor would be right in front of you.



To me, the prawn noodle soup most important as it determines whether the whole bowl of prawn noodles is tasty or not. With every mouthful, I need to slurp tasty prawn flavor down my throat. I am most pleased to say that this stall has exceeded my marks.



Look at how succulent the pork is! It comes off the rib bone in one piece, making it easy to eat.



Of course, one could not enjoy prawn noodles without the main ingredient –prawns. The prawn meat is nicely done and it comes off its shell with just one pull.

Being a seafood fanatic, I feel that the dish could be improved if the prawns are fresher and bigger.


However, I am definitely not complaining as I feel that $4-5 is well valued for the taste.
One should not miss this dish if they visit old airport road center.
Do drop by the stall and let us know whether it’s worth the experience or not!


Rating



Albert Street Prawn Noodles
Blk 52 Old Airport Road
Old Airport Road Food Centre Singapore

No comments :

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge