Saturday 21 December 2013

Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa

By Daryl Ang

As some of you guys might know from my previous post, I got lucky and stumbled across a ‘hidden gem’ (Bak Kut Teh) a few days ago. Well guess what, I think I hit the jackpot again, haha.(They say you can’t get lucky twice but  However, this time the gem I spoke about is located nearer to the southern shores of Singapura instead of the central region. So without delay, feast your eyes on this:




The first thing that came to my mind before I savoured the spicy Laksa soup was “This looks really shiok”. And indeed, my accurate foodie premonitions were spot on. The Asia Delight Laksa ($3/$4/$5.50) is certainly one of a kind. The gravy is cooked using fresh coconut, scallops, dried oysters and dried prawns that is quite rich in flavour and packs a punch, yet it has a very thin texture that resembles chicken broth. Also, unlike the typical Laksa you find everywhere, this one doesn’t feel as ‘coconutty’ or milky, but still retains the great taste. In other words, the Laksa gravy is light so you could probably drink a lot of it without getting indigestion.

Overall the Laksa is simply ‘Oishi!’ (meaning ‘delicious’ in Japanese), and the stall owner isn’t stingy with the ingredients as well (fishcake, prawns, cockles, tau pok). I strongly recommend you guys to give it a taste- why not do so if you happen to be around Chinatown?


    Rating

     
      Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa, #02-66
            
Opening Hours:
Mon to Sat; 10:30am - 6:30pm (Closed on Sundays) 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge